The Chinese General Hospital and Medical Center is the latest hospital in the Philippines to offer PET/CT (Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography) imaging. We use the latest model GE® Discovery™ MI DR 128-slice PET/CT machine, ensuring high-quality scan images with the lowest radiation dose to the patient.
What We Do
PET/CT is a hybrid molecular imaging of PET combined with CT (for anatomic correlation). PET/CT has a vast array of clinical applications: from Neurologic (Dementia) to Cardiac (Coronary Artery Disease) and even infection and inflammation of unknown origin. However, its most indispensable use in the local setting is the assessment and management of cancer:
- Screening for possible malignancy/equivocal finding in anatomic imaging
- For the initial staging of a newly diagnosed patient
- Evaluation of response to therapy, or
- Surveillance of a patient whose cancer is in remission
PET/CT is considered a “one-stop shop” for imaging various cancers. Instead of having separate CT scans of the head and neck, chest, abdomen, and pelvis, you can now have a whole-body CT with the advantage of molecular imaging using PET.
Chinese General Hospital Cancer Institute PET/CT Section is facilitated by friendly and competent in-house technologists and staff. Expert consultants in the field of Nuclear Medicine and Radiology interpret these images to provide professional patient-centered care at an affordable cost.
- F-18 FDG PET/CT with or without CT contrast
- F-18 PSMA PET/CT with or without CT contrast
- F-18 FDG PET/CT brain studies
- F-18 FDG PET only
Location: Ground Floor, Service Pavilion
Contact No.: 09171445090 / (02) 87687-4186