The CGHMC Pain Medicine – Supportive and Palliative Care Unit, also known as the Pain SPaCe Unit, renders specialized care to ensure that the patient’s journey to healing is a good experience. The unit is dedicated to providing relief from pain and other symptoms associated with various disease conditions (such as musculoskeletal conditions, low back pain, cancer, and nerve injury, among others) and to improving the quality of life of patients and their families.
The Pain SPaCe team is a consolidated multidisciplinary team of pain and palliative care specialists, nurses, clinical psychologists, and other health care professionals that offer comprehensive and advanced treatment options. The unit is located at the heart of the Comprehensive Ambulatory Cancer Care Unit, on the 2nd floor of the Cancer Institute Building.
List of Services
- Comprehensive multidisciplinary evaluation and management of acute, cancer, and chronic non-cancer pain
- Management of pain and other symptoms as part of supportive/palliative care
- Psychological assessment and management such as cognitive behavioral therapy, and other forms of psychotherapy
- Advanced pain therapies such as patient-controlled analgesia pumps, subcutaneous infusions
- Regional/Nerve blocks for acute pain conditions like fractures, limb injuries
- Interventional pain procedures under fluoroscopy and ultrasound guidance for chronic and cancer-related pain such as osteoarthritis, back pain
- Acupuncture and other complementary therapies for pain and symptom control
- Advanced care planning
- Other palliative care services
Clinical Services are provided across different settings:
- Outpatient consultations by face-to-face or teleconsultation
- Inpatient care
- Home visits/care
CGHMC Pain Medicine – Supportive and Palliative Care (PainSPaCe) Unit
Comprehensive Ambulatory Cancer Care Unit
Location: 2nd floor, Cancer Institute Bldng.
Contact No.: 09175618787