The Heart Institute is a stand-alone department of the Chinese General Hospital and Medical Center that is equipped with the facilities, technical manpower, and cardiovascular specialists with the primary task of providing state-of-the-art medical and surgical care to patients afflicted with cardiac and vascular disease.
The Heart Institute exists not only to provide holistic patient care but also to teach the science and art of Cardiovascular Medicine to the young and upcoming generations of specialists and to promote research in the various fields of Cardiology. These are accomplished thru the different services provided by the Institute.
- Telemetry has a total of six (6) rooms- five regular room and one suite room.
- All rooms have a newly installed cardiac monitor.
- Telemetry is a clean area, patients with communicable disease are generally not accepted in the unit.
List of services
- The unit caters to both in-patients and out-patients needing pre & post-procedural care.
- The unit provides post-surgical monitoring and care including rehabilitation for post-cardiac surgery patients from the Cardiovascular Recovery Room. While one of the more commonly encountered patients is post-bypass, the unit also cares for patients who have undergone valve repairs/replacements, congenital heart disease repairs, aneurysm repairs, and even kidney transplants, etc.
- The unit also caters to transient and out-patients who have undergone minor procedures such as perm-cath insertions, pacemaker implantations, angioplasty with stent placement, etc.
Cardiovascular Surgery Center (CVSC) and Cardiovascular Recovery Room
The Cardiovascular Surgery Center (CVSC) comprises two major and one minor operating room which provides adult and pediatric open heart surgical procedures, hemodialysis access insertion/creation, and aneurysm repair surgeries among others. It also housed the cardiovascular recovery room where patients are monitored immediately post-operatively. The unit is comprised of a multidisciplinary team of professionals delivering the highest standards in healthcare since 1996.
Cardiovascular Operating Room
Cardiovascular Recovery Room
List of Services
- Coronary Artery Bypass
- Valve Surgery
- Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Pacemaker Insertion
- Major/Minor Vascular Surgery
- Hemodialysis Access Insertion
- Kidney Transplant and Donor Nephrectomy
The Heart Institute: Cardiovascular Telemetry
2nd Flr. Main Building
Chinese General Hospital & Medical Center
286 Blumentritt St. Sta. Cruz Manila 1014
Contact Nos. (02) 8711-4141 loc. 235/ (02) 87432089
Email add: email@example.com for general inquiry
Cardiovascular Catherization and Interventional Unit (CCIU)
The Cardiovascular Catheterization and Interventional Unit (CCIU) is capable of providing the sharpest angiographic images for all vascular territories from head to foot. In addition to the usual coronary angiograms, angioplasty, and stenting, the more advanced and complex procedures like percutaneous aortic aneurysm repair (EVAR and TEVAR), Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) and percutaneous mitral valve repair using MitraClip System are some of the latest additions to Cathlab’s long list of invasive procedures. It is also capable of providing electrophysiologic studies and radiofrequency ablative procedures for arrhythmias.
List of services
- Coronary angiogram and angioplasty/stenting
- Rotational atherectomy
- Hemodynamic studies (right and left heart catheterization)
- Swan-Ganz PA catheter insertion
- Carotid angiogram and angioplasty/stenting with neuroprotection
- Renal angiogram and angioplasty/stenting
- Lower extremity angiogram and angioplasty/stenting (iliac, femoral, and below-knee arteries)
- Subclavian angiogram and angioplasty/stenting
- Superior/inferior mesenteric angiogram and angioplasty/stenting
- Percutaneous mitral, tricuspid, pulmonic, and aortic valvuloplasty
- Closure of atrial septal defect (ASD)
- Percutaneous balloon atrioseptostomy
- Closure of patent ductus arteriosus (PDA)
- Coiling of AV fistulas and vascular tumors
- Stent graft closure of peripheral AV fistulas
- Inferior vena cava (IVC) filter insertion
- Temporary and permanent pacemaker implantation
- Automatic implantable cardiac defibrillator (AICD) implantation
- Cardiac resynchronization (biventricular pacing) therapy
- Intra-aortic balloon pump insertion
- Thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysm stent-graft insertion
- Trans-Arterial Chemo-Embolization (TACE)
- Coiling of intra-cerebral aneurysms
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Mitra-Clip for severe functional mitral regurgitation
Cardiovascular Catheterization and Intervention Unit
1st Floor Main Building Chinese General Hospital and Medical Center 286 Blumentritt st, Sta Cruz, Manila
Contact Nos.: 02 87114141 local 291 or 02 8743 1442
Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Section (CARES)
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Section serves to help patients who have recently undergone a cardiac procedure to get back to a normal active lifestyle. Monitored therapeutic exercises, nutritional counseling, and lay fora (i.e. lifestyle modifications, dyslipidemia, smoking cessation, control of hypertension, etc.) are carried out here in order to help educate our patients on what they need to do to ensure they continue to live healthy lives long after they have recovered.
CGHMC – CARES offers comprehensive exercise training and patient education for lifestyle modification in order to improve the physical and emotional condition of patients with heart disease.
This would be most beneficial for patients with cardiac conditions such as:
- Post-heart attack
- Post-open heart surgery
- Post-angioplasty and stents
- Heart valve replacement
- Peripheral artery disease
2nd floor Main Building, Chinese General Hospital and Medical Center,
286 Blumentritt St., Sta. Cruz, Manila
Contact Nos.: 02 8711 41 41 local 543 or 02 8743 20 23
Heart Station is a non-invasive laboratory where patients can have access to a complete line of state-of-the-art equipment and tools to diagnose any cardiovascular condition. From the simple routine 12-Lead Electrocardiogram to the Treadmill or Dobutamine Stress Echocardiogram in 3D images, the Heart Station has it all. And these equipment are operated by highly skilled and competent staff.
List of Services
- Treadmill Stress Test
- Holter Monitoring
- Ambulatory BP Monitoring
- 2 D Echocardiogram with Color Flow and Doppler Study
- With Global Longitudinal Strain
- 3D Echocardiogram
- With Bubble Contrast
- Fetal Echocadiogram
- Transesophageal Echocardiogram
- Stress Echocardiogram
- Dobutamine Stress Echo
- Treadmill Stress Echo
- Vascular Procedures
- Carotid Duplex Study
- Venous Duplex Study (upper and lower Extremity)
- DVT Screening (upper and lower Extremity)
- Arterial Duplex Study (upper and lower Extremity)
- Renal Duplex study
- Duplex Scan of Vascular Mass
- Abdominal Aorta and its Branches
1st Floor Main Building Chinese General Hospital and Medical Center
286 Blumentritt St., Sta Cruz, Manila
Contact Nos.: 02 87114141 local 262 or 321 / 02 87423754
The Z- Benefits office in Chinese General Hospital was assigned by Philhealth to provide total care service and benefits for patients who need assistance with Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery.