The Chinese General Hospital Dr. James Dy Wound Healing and Diabetic Foot Center is a one-stop shop multidisciplinary clinic that offers comprehensive advanced treatment for chronic, non-healing wounds.
Here at the Dr. James Dy Wound Healing and Diabetic Foot Center, our goal is to heal chronic wounds, preserve limbs and prevent wound recurrence. We provide the finest treatment while improving the comfort and quality of life of our patients. One of our focuses here at the center is the early recognition of patients “at risk” of developing diabetic foot. We aim to provide preventive measures to minimize and prevent lower limb amputations.
What We Do
Our team is composed of dedicated physicians and nurses with the expertise to understand and treat complex wounds’ varied circumstances and challenges. Our dedicated wound care nurses teach preventive measures, coordinates care between specialties, and monitor the wounds. We focus on recognizing patients who are at risk of developing diabetic foot as early as possible. Once identified, a comprehensive foot screening, risk stratification, and empowerment on the proper wound and foot care will be performed.
- Diabetic foot screening
- Monofilament testing
- Tuning fork
- Wound care
- Use of modern dressings
- Debridement and wound bed preparation
- Advanced wound care
- Vacuum-assisted closure of the wound
- Compression therapy
- Lymphedema therapy
- Use of Growth factor
- Application of total contact cast or removable cast walkers
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Palliative wound care
- Diabetic foot and wound care education
- Pain management
- Multi-specialty referral as indicated
- Referral to Vascular surgeon for peripheral bypass or angioplasty
- Referral to Orthopedic surgeon
- Referral to Reconstructive surgery
- Referral to Dermatologist
- Referral to Rehab medicine
- Varicose vein procedures
- Vein stripping
- Endovenous laser therapy
- Superficial laser treatment
Location: 10th Floor, Medical Arts Bldng.
Contact No.: 09394013136 / 09163776496