Last July 25, 2023, a momentous occasion took place at the Chinese General Hospital and Medical Center (CGHMC) as the long-awaited unveiling ceremony of the newly renovated Emergency Room Complex was celebrated. With a spacious area covering 800 square meters and bed capacity of 60, the upgraded facility signifies a major milestone in the hospital’s commitment to providing exceptional medical care.
The Chinese General Hospital and Medical Center Emergency Room has been serving the local, as well as nearby communities, for decades. It has evolved simultaneously with advancements in the Emergency Care System. Adapting to the changing demands in medical care, the new Emergency Room Complex is designed to increase efficiencies and economies of scale, improve quality and outcomes, and expand access to advanced primary, specialty, and ambulatory care, providing an integrated healthcare system with exceptional medical care.
Our team includes board-certified medical hospitalists, nurses trained in emergency and critical care, and other specialists whom we can call upon as needed. We have access to experts in cardiology, neurology, gynecology, orthopedics, pediatrics, surgery, and other disciplines.
We are open every day, 24 hours a day, and serve more than 40,000 patients per year. The new emergency department features:
- Waiting room with a TV, accessible bathroom facilities, and 24-hour security
- Private exam and treatment rooms
- Digital radiology suite
- Bedside ultrasound to speed up evaluations, when appropriate
- Rapid registration and triage of patients to minimize waiting time
- Fast-track treatment for minor problems, such as ankle sprains, cuts, and broken bones
- Computerized tracking system, charting, and discharge instructions, all designed to enhance patient privacy, safety, and after-care treatment
- Emergency care for children and pregnant individuals
- Critical Care unit
- Operating Room
- Delivery Room
- Isolation rooms in response to the global pandemic crisis
- Urgent Care units
The CGHMC Emergency Department is committed to providing compassionate and world-class quality medical care to our locals, and we are prepared to cater to international communities.