The Department of Internal Medicine has added an accredited Hematology Fellowship Training Program to the existing fellowship training in various subspecialties in June 2022. Our mission is to train fellows who will:
- Actively participate in the patient care, training, and research of the Department of Internal Medicine
- Competently and ethically practice hematology in accordance with the highest standards of medical care
- Provide best quality healthcare management to patients with hematologic diseases
- Generate research output worthy of publication or presentation both locally and internationally
- Share knowledge of hematologic diseases and of transfusion medicine with the medical, paramedical, as well as to lay communities.
The section of Hematology of the Department of Internal Medicine envisions it to be recognized as one of the leading globally competitive institutions in the training of competent, highly ethical, and socially responsive hematologists in the care of patients with hematologic disorders.
Location: Department of Medical Education and Research (DMER)
Mobile: 8711-4141 loc. 5017
Contact person: Ms. Jerlyn Mesina Vergara