CGHMC’s Institute of Urology is a state-of-the art, one-stop urological facility that offers a variety of highly specialized services. It features a broad range of procedures that merge urology and nephrology programs. This consolidation of disciplines allows better prevention, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Urologic Oncology – Treatment of cancers affecting the urinary tract, bladder, kidneys, and male reproductive organs
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL) – Uses shock waves to break a kidney stone into small pieces that can more easily travel through the urinary tract and pass from the body
- Laparoscopy & Endourology – Laparoscopy is a minimally invasive surgical option for cancerous and non-cancerous urologic conditions involving various urologic organs. Endourology is a minimally invasive technique available to treat kidney stones.
- Koelis Trinity Fusion Biopsy – A fully integrated prostate fusion biopsy system that enables the physician to pinpoint MRI lesions and record targeted and systematic prostate biopsy locations on a digitized 3D patient-specific prostate map.
- Stone Management (Holmium Laser) – A minimally invasive treatment for an enlarged prostate that removes tissue that’s blocking urine flow
Prostate Enlargement Management
- Thulium Laser
Neurourology, Voiding Dyscfunction & Urodynamics
- Pressure flow studies
- Video urodynamics
Infertility & Men’s Health
- Correction of obstruction
- Vasectomy reserval
- Male sexual/erectile dysfunction
- Penile prosthesis implant
- Androgen deficiency syndrome
- Congenital anomalies
- Abnormalities of genetalia
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
- Stone diseases in children
- Renal Transplantation – The institute is involved in the hospital’s ethical renal transplantation program to provide the best care for both the kidney recipient and donor.